Dem

Dem

The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

Miss Jane

Miss Jane - Brad Watson Beautifully written - a story that is quietly intriguing and inspiring. This is a novel where the characters will take hold of you and you will have great difficulty letting go of them by the end of the story.

Miss Jane is a story of a child born with an inoperable condition in rural Mississippi in 1915.

An amazing sense of time and place with wonderful characters. The story is based loosely on the life of the authors great aunt Jane who was born with a rare congenital deformity.
We are introduced to rural life in Mississippi and we grow up with Jane as she learns to cope with life and the difficulties that come with living with her condition. A heartwarming story and yet is is not a sad book. Its a story of hope and courage and living life with dignity. Watson prose is charming and compelling and he writes a sensitive portrayal of a woman adapting to her condition in a time where there is limited medical information and care.

I listened to this one on audio and the narrator was excellent.(still cant help wishing I owned a hard copy) This would make a great book club read as the it is character driven, well written and unique.