Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Summer That Melted Everything

The Summer That Melted Everything - Tiffany McDaniel 2.5 Stars

I Guess I couldn’t take the heat…………………….

The Summer that melted everything is a unique and interesting story set in Breathed, Ohio. A deep and dark story of the summer the Devil comes to town in the form of a teenager called Sal and a series of horrific events occur and the reader must decide whether these events are actually the work of the devil or humans. Of course the town are quick to point the finger at Sal but could a fifteen year old teenager really be the devil in disguise?

It’s a beautifully written book and the story is unique in its telling and I normally love Southern Fiction but this one just didn’t sit well with me as from the outset I really didn’t engage with any of the characters and I found the story too deep and dark and to be honest there is a little magic realism running through the novel which doesn’t work for me at the best of times. Perhaps I need to be from the South or know more about it in order to enjoy this novel.

This book reminded me very much of [b:The Enchanted|18090147|The Enchanted|Rene Denfeld|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1373991244s/18090147.jpg|25146823][bc:The Enchanted|18090147|The Enchanted|Rene Denfeld|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1373991244s/18090147.jpg|25146823] in its tone and uniqueness.

This book wasn't for me and I am know that I am in the minority on my views on this one as most of my Good reads friends have loved it so I think its best to decide for yourself as the writing is excellent and the story unique.

An ok read but not one for my favourite list.