Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Dark Matter: A Novel

Dark Matter: A Novel - Blake Crouch Science Fiction thrillers are not really my thing but every now and again I need to check in with this genre just to f..k with my head if nothing else and thats exactly what Dark Matter by Blake Crouch does. Its original and quirky and I am really glad I read it.

My husband is a Science fiction and technology junkie and just this week has introduced me to his latest toy "Oculus Rift Virtual Reality" and while he is blown away by this technolody and living in another world half the time I am more shocked and scared at how fast technology is progressing and wondering in 10 years time will anyone ever need to live in the real world again when they have viritual reality.

Anyhow back to Dark Matter, this book really freaks you out and left me with numerous questions for which I am not getting answers from the book ( or the hubby either) and I did ask a lot of questions while reading this one as I am one of those women who need to know how and why.
A real page turner from the very begining and a book that makes you think outside the box(pardon the pun) as I said I am not a fan of science fiction but I did find this book very engaging and I loved the tension throughout the story.

I don't want to say too much about the plot as its one of those books that just needs to be read. There is lots of science in the book that went completely over my head (hence all the unanswered questions) but did not over power the story and the book is fast paced and very readable.

For now I am staying firmly footed in my real world and wait to see what the future holds.

My thanks to Net Galley for the opportunity to read Dark Matter in retun for an honest review.