Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Lady Chatterley's Lover

Lady Chatterley's Lover - D.H. Lawrence Book Club Read for November for Sit in Book Club.

I finished this book only because it was a bookclub read and in order to discuss a book at meetings I really feel I need the full story. I thought this book was crap and I will explain why I thought so.

The Novel was banned and I do think that if it hadnt been banned this book would have had no impact what so ever and very few people would have bothered to pick it up to read.

The book was written back in the 1920s and I really do think that D H Lawerence set out to shock his readers and I can imagine for a book of its time he succeeded in doing so. The Noevl really doesnt have any of the qualities of what I have come to expect a classic to have, The language is coarse, the characters boring and dull and the plot is poor. I never got a sense of time or place that a classic normally delivers. It was extremely repetitive. I don't think the book has stood the test of time for the right reasons and I cant see much of a discussion in this Novel. This is only my opinion and time will tell how the group rates the book.

A boring and dull read and didn't compare with any of the other classics I have read previously.