Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Station Eleven

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel A little of what you fancy does you good or so the saying goes and I have to say [b:Station Eleven|20170404|Station Eleven|Emily St. John Mandel|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1415583784s/20170404.jpg|28098716] was just what I fancied in A Post-Apocalyptic Novel and it did me the world of good.

Set in the eerie day of civilization's collapse after the " Georgia Flu" wipes out 99% of the World's population Station Eleven manages to capture the imagination of the reader and draws you into a world that I hope we only ever have to imagine or read about but never becomes a reality.

I found the story very realistic to the point I kepk thinging What if ? I actually completed the novel a couple of days ago but just can't get the story out of my head. I had rated the book 4 starts as there was a couple of things that bugged me a ltttle (only just a little) but because the characters and plot were so well developed and crafed and the fact that the author made me think long after I put the book down means I just have to give it 5 stars.

Having said that this book is not going to be everyone's cup of tea, some readers may find this type of story too far fetched. I think this is a book you decide read for yourself.

For me it worked and fuelled my imagination and therefore I enjoyed it immensely.