Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Chasing Fireflies: A Novel of Discovery

Chasing Fireflies: A Novel of Discovery - Charles Martin Chasing Firefilies by Charles Martin was an enjoyable read.

"Never settle for less than the truth" She told him. But when you dont't even know your real name, the truth gets a little complicated.

I love the title and the illustration on the cover of this book as it is a real eye catcher This a mystery style story with many varied themes such as relationships, family, love, betrayal and good vs evil.

The plot is interesting as it is told with one stroy set in the past and one in the present. The characters are well drawn and there are plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader interested.

I especially enjoyed the historical information.
" In 1886 fifty three members of what became know as the First Name Club bought Jekyll Island from John Eugene DuBignon. And while the memebers might have been on first-name basis with each other eyeryone else just called them "Sir". The Membership fee was set at one million dollars each and that was just to set foot on the Island. Members included men like J.P Morgan, William Vanderbilt, John D Rockefeller and Joseph Pulitzer.. At the tun of the century , when fifty-three members met on the Island , it is believed they controlled one-sixth of the world's wealth."

I was intriged by this piece of information and went straight to the computer to read more about these 53 men which led me straight to my next book purchase.

I did however have issues with parts of the plot and the actions of one character in particular. The conclusion of the stroy I found a little farfetched in my opinion but this is what makes great discussion book for book club reads. It didnt ruin the book for me but it did have me rolling my eyes here and there throughout the stroy,.

A nice easy read and a book that I think would work well as a bookclub read it its has plenty of discussion topics.