Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Passing

Passing - Nella Larsen, Ntozake Shange, Thadious M. Davis Passing is a novel by American author Nella Larsen. Published in 1929 and set in 1920s Harlem, New York City. The plot centers on the meeting of two childhood friends of mixed-race African-American ancestry.
Clare Kendry and Irene Redfiel are friends from old and a chance meeting sees them rekindle a forgotten friendship. The title ( Passing) and central theme of the novel refer to the practice of racial "passing"; Clare Kendry's passing as white with her white husband, Jack Bellew, is featured as a central part and important role of the novel.

I downloaded this one for 75 cent to my kindle as was looking for something different and came across it while browsing short novellas.

I tend to applaud authors who can create a wonderful reading experience in books of less than 150 pages as opposed to block busters and here in "passing" so much happens within so little pages. This is one of those books that demands reading and discussing to get the best out of it. I loved the writing style and especially the abrupt ending of the novel. I am probably in the minority on loving abrupt or endings that are controversial but I enjoy an author who allows the reader a little story involvement. . I love to discuss books and Passing is one of those novels that has lots of material for discussion.