Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

A Song for Issy Bradley

A Song for Issy Bradley - Carys Bray 2.5 Stars

A stroy about a mormon family and their struggles with life and faith. We read about a broken family hoping for miracles so they can carry on when their world falls apart.

I think perhaps my expectations were too high when I began reading this novel. And while I didn't dislike it, it just didn't float my boat either.
I enjoy reading about different religions and am always interested to learn something new. However I didn't connect with any of the characters in this novel. Half ways through the book I found that I couldnt name the characters before I opened the book one evening or put faces to them and for me this was a real problem and therefore this the main reason I didn't love the story.
I wasn't emotionally invested in the story as others readers seem to have been and I really didn't find it a page turner.
I did however enjoy reading details and facts about the Mormon faith.

This will probably make a wonderful movie but as a novel its not one for my favorite shelf.