Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

One Plus One

One Plus One - Jojo Moyes "A little of what you fancy does you good" and this is exactly what I felt while reading One Plus One by JoJo Moyes.

The story is is basically an unconventional romance story and I don't normally do romance or chick lit novels but I think JoJo Moyes manages to bring a series edge to to her plots and her books are far more thought provoking than most romance novels. Having read and really enjoyed [b:Me Before You|15507958|Me Before You|Jojo Moyes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357108762s/15507958.jpg|17763198][bc:Me Before You|15507958|Me Before You|Jojo Moyes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357108762s/15507958.jpg|17763198]
I thought it was time for another novel by JoJo and I choose One Plus One in audio format as a running companion and I have to say it kept me engaged and interested.

I think what works in this novel is the fact that the author takes every day situations and people and weaves a story around them. I love the element of familiarity about Moye's novels as I always feel I know the characters or have met them somewhere in life. There is a lovely feel to her writing that is relaxed and airy and yet wonderful elements of emotion and humor.

A light, enjoyable read that I would recommend for the holidays.