Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Reconstructing Amelia

Reconstructing Amelia - Kimberly McCreight Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight is one of those books that parents of teenagers will read and think, could this possibly be happening in my child's life or is it all just hype.

"Do you really know whats going on inside your daughter's head"

What a brilliant premise for a novel. We have become so advanced in social media and yet so naive to the dangers and consequences of the advancements. Once there was a time when bullying at school might have been confined to the school yard or the playground but now with social media the bully has access to the victim on a 24/7 basis. That's a scary thought......

I enjoyed the plot for this novel as it is thought provoking with plenty of drama and the sort of book that should create quite a good group discussion in a book club.

I did however find elements of the story quite unrelalistic especially when Kate tags along with the leutienent when he conducts his investigations , this just wouldn't have happened. Also Kate's mothers reactions after her grand-daughter's death just didn't work for me. This type of inconsistencies in a novel tend to bug me and I just cant let go.

This was a book club read and I liked it and will look forward to discussing it with friends.