Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Lost Wife

The Lost Wife - Alyson Richman The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman.

In Pre War Prague the hopes and dreams of two young lovers are shattered when they are separated by the Nazi Invasion.

I listened to this novel as opposed to reading it and I really enjoyed the narrators as they were both eloquent and easy to listen to. This is s a story that explores the horrors of the beautiful city of Prague under the occupation of the Nazi's during World War Two. Having visited both Terezin and Prague many years ago I was very interested in reading this book and I was not disappointed with the images captured by Alyson Richman and her storytelling.

I was amazed to learn that the story was inspired by true events similar to that of Lenka and Josef and the novels conclusion the author explains what events are true within the story and I found this really helpful.

I did not find the Novel heavy or difficult reading in comparison to other Holocaust books that I have read.

I liked the story and enjoyed the narration and this is why I have rated it 3 stars. I did however find the story ended abruptly and I wasn't quite satisfied by the conclusion of the story.