Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Innocent Sleep

The Innocent Sleep - Karen Perry 3.5 Stars for The Innocent Sleep by Karen Perry

This is the same novel different name as [b:The Boy That Never Was|18774350|The Boy That Never Was|Karen Perry|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1384046170s/18774350.jpg|26679234][bc:The Boy That Never Was|18774350|The Boy That Never Was|Karen Perry|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1384046170s/18774350.jpg|26679234] which is a little strange

The Innocent Sleep in set in Tangier and Ireland and tells the stroy of Harry and his wife Robin. Harry is preparing his wife's birhday dinner while she out working. Dillon their young son is asleep upstairs. Suddenly Harry remembers that he has left his wife's birthday gift at a cafe in town. Its only a 5 minute walk away, what is the harm in running out picking up the gift while the child is sleeping.....................

An interesting and well written novel from writers Paul Perry and Karen Gillece. I really enjoyed the well structured plot, the characters and the sense of time and place. I loved the suspense of the novel as I was never quite sure where the story was going and yet the authors managed to keep me interested. The chapters are narrated alternatively by Karen and Harry and I enjoyed this aspect of the book very much as it make it a quick and gripping read.

A good suspenseful and entertaining read, a short book at 323 pages (hardback version) and certainly one I will recommend to friends in the future. I look forward to other novels by these writers.