Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Promise of Stardust

The Promise of Stardust - Priscille Sibley The promise of Stardust by Priscilla Sibley is a story of of complex and moral decisions Matt Beaulieu is faced with when his beautiful wife Elle suffers a brain injury after falling off a ladder.

This is one of those novels right from the word go sets out to emotionally pull the reader in with its challenging and heartbreaking topic on " a patients right to die with dignity" The story is told with sensitivity and compassion and I think a lot of readers will have their emotions tweeted with this read.

The story is well written and most of the characters are likeable (if not too much so) and there is a good sense of drama and the author certainly does a good job of exploring the sensitive issue of the patents right to die and the medical and legal issues that went with the story are very well written and researched by the author.

I did find the plot quite predictable and while I enjoyed reading about the medical and legal side of the story I really could have passed on the love story of Elle and Matt which by the end of the book had worn thin for me as I am not a fan of love stories.

Having said that this is a good book and I can see fans of Jodi Picoult and Kristin Hannah loving this story.
Theres is lots of discussion in this one and I think book clubs would enjoy this read.