Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood I have been wanting for a number of years to read this novel by Margaret Atwood and for some reason kept putting it off until it became available on the daily deal on Audible and I just could not say no.

Many books have been written about dystopian futuristic societies and every now and again I like to read one that I think would interest me and The Handmaids Tale was right up my street. This novel tells the story through the eyes of a handmaid who has been given the name Offred. During this time period, taking place in the not too distant future, few women are able to successfully reproduce due to pollution and radiation brought on by wars between religious sects.

This in some ways is a disturbing novel and you find yourself constantly thinking What if..
I loved the authors style of writing and really enjoyed the slow burn of the story.
The book is excellent in plot and style, truly intellectually written.

If you enjoy well written dystopian futuristic novels then you may just well enjoy this book.