Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Husband's Secret

The Husband's Secret - Liane Moriarty The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.

This was my first Liane Moriarty book and I enjoyed the read.

Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death, imagine too that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret, imagine finding it in the attic while rooting around for something else

I can only imagine after many woman who have read this book in the past few months will take a new interest in taking down the Christmas decorations from the attic this year!!!

Certainly a cleverly plotted novel with lots of twists and turns to keep the reader interested.
Engaging characters with their individual family stories of love, betrayal secrets and guilt.

While I enjoyed this book I found this a slow read and while I was intrigued by the suspense I thought the book could have done with being 100 pages shorter. I found the build up to the Husband's secret while readable just a little too dragged out for my liking but once the secret was revealed the book slowly picked up pace again.
I found the references to the Berlin Wall a little out of place in the novel and I know some may find it quirky but for me this was just bizarre.

A 3 star read for me, I liked it but didn't love it.