Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie 4.5 Stars

And then there were none by Agatha Christie.

Having never read an Agatha Christie novel I was delighted to get my hands on this book as it's title alone is intriguing.

This novel was published in 1939 and I thought while it might be a good read it would be a little out of date and may not live up to it's popularity of the time. How wrong I was, this novel is still as fresh and interesting as any modern mystery if not more so.

The story of 10 strangers, each lured to Soldier Island by a mysterious host. Once the guests arrive the host accuses each person of murder. The guests are unable to leave the Island, and so begins the sharing of their darkest secrets and then the mysterious deaths occur.

I loved everything about this novel from the old fashioned prose to the wonderful imaginative plot. The Characters are brilliantly written and masterly crafted by Christie. The suspense is intriguing and had me guessing all along.

A wonderful read and a book that deserves all the praise that it has received. All I can say is.......................................
What took me so long to read this wonderful book.