Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Night Film

Night Film - Marisha Pessl Night Film by Marisha Pessl is one of those books that within the first 50 pages really packs a punch and gets you engrossed in the story.

Firstly I have to point out that for me this book did not read well on Kindle as I was constantly having to enlarge the tiny media print and therefore became a bit of a chore.

I enjoyed the beginning of this book, with its media articles and pictures and it defiantly had me hooked in way that the [b: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo|2429135|The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)|Stieg Larsson|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327868566s/2429135.jpg|1708725] had some years ago. I wanted the suspense and intrigue to continue and eagerly turned the pages. I loved the premise of this story and thought I had found a book that was really going to be my best end of summer read.

Unfortunately while I did find the book interesting I found myself about 2/3 way through getting totally bored with the story as there is a Chapter that lasts about over 50 pages and what could have been written in 5 pages and seemed to stretch forever. Not wanting to give too much away, there was also a bathroom scene early on in the book where Ashley is in the bath, I had to read this scene numerous times as it was just not creditable. I liked the characters but they were a bit too contrived and not really sure I got to know them well enough even through the book is over 600 pages long.

I did like the last 100 pages and liked the ending but felt this book was way too long and on reflection while I loved the media clippings and the pictures and praise the author for her imagination. I am not sure the book lived up to my expectations of tension and intrigue that I felt for the first 50 pages, perhaps I will enjoy the movie more!

I liked it.................but did not love it.