Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope

The Enchanted Life of Adam Hope - Rhonda Riley 2.5 stars The enchanted life of Adam Hope has a beautiful cover and a very interesting premise which makes you want to read this book quickly but for me it seemed to take forever and that is not a great sign.

Evelyn is a young Southern Carolina farm girl who after heavy rains rescues a body from the mud and while the body looks human it is only after time that it takes on a human's features and appearance and suddenly takes on the same image as Evelyn herself and then later becomes a man and hence we have the The Enchanted life of Adam hope.

I am sure some people will love this story as it has magical elements that are just wasted on me. I think I was looking for something different and perhaps something like the [b:The Snow Child|11250053|The Snow Child|Eowyn Ivey|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327098624s/11250053.jpg|16176521]but this book was just a little too far fetched and unrealistic for me.

The story dragged and was very repetitive and I would normally have thrown in the towel on this one much earlier but I wanted to find out where Adam came from.

I don't want to dismiss the book totally because I think others will enjoy the story and relate to it much better than me. I think the heart of this book is a love story with a little sci-fi/ magical twist to it. I found it a just ok and was glad to have finished it.