Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Conversations On A Homecoming

Conversations On A Homecoming - Tom    Murphy Conversations on a Homecoming by Thomas Murphy is a Script.

The setting for this play is a small town in Galway in the 1970s and the conversations take place in a pub among a group of locals who are friends. Michael is one of the gang and has made an unexpected visit home after 10 years in America.

I have never read a script before as a book club read and it certainly makes for interesting reading. I think however I would need to read this a couple of times in order to get the whole gist of the story as I felt I did not quite appreciate the storyline first time around. I read it as I would a book and found it difficult to keep the characters straight in my head and also Characters get fleshed out better on stage than in a script.
As I am going to see the play shortly it will be great to see the storyline and the characters actually played out and will make interesting discussion among the group.