Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote 2.5 Stars

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote was an interesting read but not a book that will leave a lasting impression on me.

Set in the era of the 1940s New York we meet Holly Golightly, a free spirited and slightly eccentric soul who breezes in and out of her friends lives and lives life in the fast lane. Holly's main goal in life is to find a real life place like Tiffany's that makes her feel like home.

I liked and enjoyed trying to figure out the character of Holly and think she makes a great character study. I also enjoyed Capote's writing and they story was so easy to read and I enjoyed some of the quotes from the book.

“Reading dreams. That's what started her walking down the road. Every day she'd walk a little further: a mile, and come home. Two miles, and come home. One day she just kept on.”

“You’re wrong. She is a phony. But on the other hand you’re right. She isn’t a phony because she’s a real phony. She believes all this crap she believes. You can’t talk her out of it.”

I didn't love the plot and felt the story ended too quickly. Glad I read it but not a book that will stay with me.