Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Storyteller

The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult The Storyteller is a very compelling Novel from Jodi Picoult and it’s a story about redemption and forgiveness.

I had been giving Picoult Novels a wide breath over the past few years as I had felt her books were beginning to take on a pattern which I grew tired of quite quickly.
When I discovered that Jodie Picoult was going to take on a difficult and sensitive subject like the Holocaust I really wanted to read this novel. I appreciate how difficult it must be for a writer to write a fictional account of such a important and sensitive time in history and am sure they wrestle with keeping actual events and facts in prospective and still provide a plot that is entertaining and interesting for the reader. I think Jodi Picoult manages to achieve a good balance in her latest novel.

Sage Singer is a young woman and a baker in a small New Hampshire town and is hiding from the world due to a difficult past when she strikes and unlikely friendship with Josef Weber, a quiet respected and retired teacher and a pillar of the community. Joseph singles Sage out as he has a secret that he has been hiding for 60 years and he tells her his story.

The title for this Novel is very apt as there are several story tellers in this book and each with an important tale to tell. One of the stories that really made an impression on me was the Gothic-style tale penned by Minka as I really felt that this tale parallels very well with the horrors of the camps and the monsters that ran them.

This is well written and well researched Novel from Jodi Picoult. I especially think this book will appeal to readers who want a good story and not overwhelmed by dates and facts. An easy read and an interesting story