Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

A Possible Life

A Possible Life - Sebastian Faulks A possible Life by Sebastian Fauls is a NOVEL IN FIVE PARTS.

This is actually a collection of five stories which I wish I had known before I read this Novel.(Not stated on the front cover of novel that I purchased).

I had read three of the stories before I realised that this was a collection of short/longish stories ranging from 40 pages to just under a 100 pages. The stories span continents, centuries and subject matter, some I liked and others I did not enjoy at all.

The first story while I found interesting it lacked character development and I found myself disconnected from the stories in this way many times. I also thought the sense of time and place was poorly written and nothing like Faulk's other novels. When I would put this book down for a few hours I found it very difficult when picking it up again to remember what I had read previously.

Having said that I did like story 1 and 3 but overall a 2 star read for me. Perhaps if you are a fan of short stories you will engage better with this book than I did.