Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Night Road

Night Road - Kristin Hannah Night Road by Kristin Hannah is one of those books that just keeps coming up on book club reads. Having now read it I have to say you cannot read Night Road and not be emotionally affected by the story and the characters.

This is a novel which is without doubt a page turner and by the first 50 pages I was totally drawn in by the story and the characters and I was interest and connected to the story.
Being a mother I could certainly identify with the worries a parent has when a child enters teenage years and the difficulties that comes with parenting.

Second half of the novel was a let down for me as I found it quite predictable. I am not a fan of endings tied up in a bow, I prefer book that leave you guessing or at least leave a few loose ends. I love books like [b:Gone Girl|8442457|Gone Girl|Gillian Flynn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339602131s/8442457.jpg|13306276] as I like characters that are edgy and a plot that packs a punch.
Having said that Night Road is one of those books that is very readable and I know many of my friends will love it.