Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

A Land More Kind Than Home

A Land More Kind Than Home - Wiley Cash A Land More Kind Than Home by Wiley Cash is a heartbreaking and beautifully written story about religion, family and a community who fail to protect a child.

I must admit the first thing that drew me to this book was its cover, it is beautiful and I am a sucker for a pretty picture.
But this book is far from just a pretty cover picture, it’s the story of Jess Hall who watches in horror as his autistic brother is smothered during a healing service in the mountains of North Carolina.

This novel is beautifully written and at 306 pages hardback version you know it’s not going to take long to read. The narrative is told in four voices: Jess a ten year old boy , his father, the Town sheriff and Adelaide an old woman who was the first to realise the evil of the church.

This is the sort of descriptive writing that is colourful and draws you right into a small town if North Carolina and you can visualise the wonderful characters, you can even smell the smells of North Carolina and the Author really does a good job on this Novel

I think if you liked The Homecoming of Samuel Lake you will love this book.