Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Me Before You

Me Before You - Jojo Moyes Me bfore you was recommended by a friend and I bought the book I was disappointed with the cover as I immediately thought Chick Lit, this is not going to be my thing. The cover of the book is pinkish and sort of cover that screamed Love story! and I would have passed by it in a book store without even reading the blurb, How wrong can you be! Never Judge a book by its cover is a lesson I am having difficulty learning.
I loved everything about this novel it is just a wonderful emotional, funny and well written novel.

Lou Clarke knows lots of things. What Lou doesn’t know is that she is about to lose her job at the Buttered Bun Tea Shop or that knowing what’s coming is what keeps her same. Will Traynore knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he is going to put a stop to that. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour and neither of them knows they're going to change for all time.

I loved the different emotions the storyline gave me, there were times when I laughed out loud
and there were times when I welled up with tears. There really are some emotional moments that just have to be read. I loved how Jojo Moyes was able to plot such a sensitive story with some amazing humour all I could think of when reading this book, what a fantastic book club read, it got the lines that make you laugh out loud, it’s thought provoking and a great discussion book and it pulls at your heart stings without over doing it. I loved the characters they are so well written am going to miss Lou and her funny ways.

A must read. You won’t be disappointed. A well deserved 5 stars from me.