Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman, Jenna Lamia I really enjoy southern literature and love nothing better than reading a book like this with a Southern accent in my head.

The story of CeeCee Honeycutt begins when Camille Sugarbaker Honeycutt, the pretty but crazy 1951 Vidalia Onion Queen, dies suddenly, her twelve year old daughter CeeCee is whisked off by her Great Aunt Tootie to the city of Savannah and here CeeCee makes new friends and starts a new life.

This novel started out really promising and had me turning the pages quite quickly but after about 100 pages in I found the story was too sweet and too safe. I wanted something to happen but the story just seems to plod along and although there are some interesting issues brought up such as mental illness and racism I feel that they were never addressed properly in the novel.

I did however enjoy some of the charactersa and there are some witty moments in the Novel

This is a nice easy read but think I had been expecting something like Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe which was a book that I loved.