Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins Every now again I like to dip into a book that is not my usual reading genre and The Hunger Games has been coming up for a long time as a book I should try.

I like a good postapocolyptic type book(once in awhile) and have loved The passage and The Road and therefore I had to try The Hunger games.

I loved the whole idea of The Utopian Nation of Panem, the Capitol controlling the 12 Districts.( I wouldn’t love it in real life ! only in fiction land)
I liked the characters and felt a connection with them, the games was scary and defiantly kept me turning the pages for more. I can absolutely see why teenagers and adults would love this book and why it was such a huge hit.

I was interested in the way that the author had the Hunger Games as a reality TV show and however farfetched it may be, reality TV shows seem to be getting more and more over the top every year, just how far will they go? and the audiences seem to want to see people in these shows at their worst.

I enjoyed this book, but would love to have learned more about the Capitol and the 12 districts and the history of them and how North America came to be like this.
I felt the authors descriptions of the districts and the capitol did not come across very clearly in the novel but perhaps that is for book two and three.

A 3 Star read for me, an easy and enjoyable read.