Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Moloka'i

Moloka'i (Moloka'i #1) - Alan Brennert Moloka'i is a book that sums up all the things I like about historical fiction. I love to learn something with each book that I read and with Moloka'i you get everything that makes a great story.

I really enjoyed this novel and I had thought from reading the blurb that this was going to be a depressing read and but Alan Brennert has a way of telling a story and getting the point across without dragging the Novel down and making it depressing. I loved the way Brennert deals with human tragedy of both the patients and the families, I really enjoyed this aspect of the novel as I felt their sadness but also their joy and achievements.

I love the picture that Brennert painted of the Island, the setting and atmosphere is so real and I was able to conjure up images of the Island in my head and that’s when you know you are going to love a story.

The characters in this novel are wonderful and real, I loved all of them and how they became a community who watched out and cared for each other and dealt with sadness and loss everyday and yet lead full lives for themselves.

I enjoyed learning about the history of Hawaii and feel the author did a great job in researching this book.

I really enjoyed this novel its historical fiction at its best.