Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

When God Was a Rabbit

When God Was a Rabbit - Sarah Winman Not my usual type of book and had been very reluctant to read this one, several friends recommended it to me but I had put it off for a long time.
But I was presently surprised by this book and found it engaging ,funny and sad.

This Novel is in two parts and is about Elly who was born in 1968. The first part of the Novel deals with her relationships with her older brother, her family and her best friend Jenny Penny. I really loved this part of the book and the way it is written. I loved her pet rabbit named God and her friendship with Jenny penny. There were some really funny moments in this book that had me laughing out loud.

The second half of the Novel takes on a more serious tone and deals with Elly’s later years and touches and some sad experiences and not sure if all of them fitted into this Novel however I still enjoyed this book.
I found the characters so quirky and while not all likeable still interesting and I found myself wanting to know what happened to them .

Overall I found this an interesting and quirky read, not my usual book choice but hey sometimes it’s good to go outside the comfort zone.