Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Violets of March

The Violets of March - Sarah Jio I really wanted to like this book and had expected more from it, having read the blurb of the book " so when Emilly's great aunt Bee invites her to spend the month of March on Bainbridge Island in Washington state, Emily accepts, longing to be healed the the sea, researching her next book Emily discovers a red velvet diary,dated 1943 whose contents reveal startling connections to her own life............ I was intrigued by the blurb as it had the makings of an excellent story.

The plot however is a little predictable and unrealistic and I had expected something different from this book and therefore was a little disappointed.

However it is an easy read and while it did not have the wow factor it is a nice love story and I can see how readers views will differ on it as some will love it and others will find it ok, for me it needed a little more substance and that is why I rated it 3 stars.