Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck Have read this a second time for book Club and just as good second time around.

I just love Of Mice and Men and am delighted to have read my second Steinbeck book and enjoyed it so much. This is the story of two friends George and his large simple minded friend Lennie who are both drifters with nothing in the world except each other and a dream of owning land and settling down raising rabbits and "liven of the fatta da lan" and having peace in their lives. I love the characters of this book and how Steinbeck describes them, they get right inside your head. The plot of this novel is so simple yet very sharp and well written and the reader is drawn very quickly into the story. While reading this book I could see other book that I have read came from the characters and plot of this novel. This is a very small book just over a 100 pages but a wonderful read that leaves you wanting more of Steinbecks wonderful story telling. A 5 Star read.