Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Rebecca

Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier, Sally Beauman Daphne du Maurier's classic novel "Rebecca" is, a hauntingly beautiful piece of writing that makes the hairs stand on the back of your neck, that wants you snuggle up on the couch with a blanket on a wet Saturday afternoon and indulge in world of suspense and mystery and forget you have a million other things you should be doing.

I read this novel about 10 years ago and I just read it again for a local book club read and I must admit could not remember anything from the first time I read it so got to have the experience all over again.

I loved this novel with a passion, from the mystery, the suspense, the wonderfully drawn characters to the hauntingly beautiful descriptive writing. This is one of those books where the author paints every character and every situation clearly in your head. I loved the twists and turns of this novel.

De Maurier's greatest accomplishment in this book has to be the development of Rebecca who at the beginning of the novel is dead but as the story develops Rebecca becomes very much alive in the minds of the readers and the rest of the characters and we have to remember we are only judging her on what other people say about her. I think this is a character that will stay with the reader long after you read this book.

What more can I say a 5 star read for me all the way.