Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Mornings in Jenin: A Novel

Mornings in Jenin: A Novel - Susan Abulhawa Re-reading this one for February 2016 sit in Book Club Originally read in 2011.

Isn't it wonderful when a book like [b:Mornings in Jenin|6692041|Mornings in Jenin|Susan Abulhawa|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312020216s/6692041.jpg|311976] inspires readers to discuss, think about or research further for information in order to educate and better understand the conflicts of the world.

Mornings in Jenin is an amazing read and an insight to the lives of the Abulheja family who are an ordinary Palestinian family living just before, during and since the creation of the state of Israel.
For me I had known very little of this period of histroy and felt that this book gives an insight to what ordinary families went through, Having read reviews that the writing is simplistic and I think that this makes the story reach many more people as its a story simply told. I think this book would make an excellent bookclub read as it is a real page turner and unputdownable, it would also make a great discussion book.