Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

Playing with Fire

Playing with Fire - Tess Gerritsen, Julia Whelan, Will Damron
"Pure indulgence"

Playing with Fire a Novel by Tess Gerristen was a beautiful, fast paced and extremely satisifying read.

This is historical fiction at its best, it's a fiction story set in the past but with some historical facts and figures to keep the reader educated and interested.

I would never have picked up this novel if I hadn't recently read a compelling review by a Goodread's friend who left me in no doubt that I needed to read this novel. So happy I took her advice as this was pure indulgence. From the opening paragraph I was hooked. There is just something warm and cozy about this novel that made it such a pleasing read.
This is a story set in two time frames, modern day and Venice just before the Second World War. I loved the easy transition between past and present in the story. The characters are interesting and well developed and the plot was just music to my ears.

It's short novel which reminded me a little of [b:Sarah's Key|556602|Sarah's Key|Tatiana de Rosnay|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1438863728s/556602.jpg|2523229] [bc:Sarah's Key|2515790|Sarah's Key|Tatiana de Rosnay|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1308654983s/2515790.jpg|2523229] I purchased this one in whisper sync and the narration on the audio was excellent and I loved the Violin pieces which enhanced the story.

I read a lot of non-fiction on this time period and it was just nice to read a well written and entertaing historical fiction story.

I have never read a Tess Gerritsen novel before but will certainly add more of her novels to my list.