Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Marriage of Opposites

The Marriage of Opposites - Alice Hoffman My first Novel by Alice Hoffman and what a beautiful read it was.

The Marriage of Opposites is one of those books that just draws you in with its seductive prose, Characters that are interesting and while some are based on real people others are figures of the author's imagination and what an imagination Alice Hoffman has to write a stroy of historical fiction based on the life of Rachel Pomie mother of painter Camille Pissarro the father of Impressionism.

What a wonderful sense of time and place Alice Hoffman creates on the Island of St. Thomas, The imaginary is so vivid and you could almost smell the flowers and feel the heat and the rain and get lost in the lives of the islanders. When I finished the book I had another destination added to my holdiay wish list and I spent some time viewing the paintings of Camille Pissarro.

I just love when a book delivers on prose, plot and characters and A marriage of opposites is one of those books I would highly recommend as it really has something for every reader.
I listened to this book and the narrator was excellent and added to the enjoyment of the story.