Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Lying in Wait

Lying in Wait - Liz Nugent Liz Nugent's opening line in this twisted and devious page turning mystery certainly creates an impact.

My husband did not mean to kill Annie Doyle, but the lying tramp deserved it.

Having loved Liz Nugent's previous novel [b:Unravelling Oliver|19099368|Unravelling Oliver|Liz Nugent|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1390908506s/19099368.jpg|27128785][bc:Unravelling Oliver|19099368|Unravelling Oliver|Liz Nugent|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1390908506s/19099368.jpg|27128785] I was thrilled to get an opportunity to read her latest novel Lying in Wait and I certainly was not disappointed as her plot lines, character development and writing is sharp and vivid and this author certainly knows how to tell a story. I have read a lot of mediocre mysteries and Psychological thrillers over the past few months and had become a bit disillusioned with the same old same old. But Lying In Wait really restored my faith and had me hooked from the first sentence.

"The last people who expect to be meeting with a drug-addicted prostitute are a respected judge and his reclusive wife. And they certainly don't plan to kill her and bury her in their exquisite suburban garden. Yet Andrew and Lydia Fitzsimons find themselves in this unfortunate situation"

This is wonderfully assured and beautifully written second novel from Liz Nugent where the characters are well drawn and the plot simmers with tension. I loved the setting and the sense of time and place in 80s Dublin.

A brilliant tale of obsessive love, a multi layer thriller that I would recommend for everyone's summer reading list.

My Thanks to Penguin and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this novel