Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

A Week in Winter

A Week in Winter - Maeve Binchy A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy is what I would call a cosy and easy read but an uninspiring read.

I would sum it up as a collection of short stories about different people and how their problems were solved by a week in winter staying at and Irish Hotel.
The stories are pretty predictable with no real depth to them and the characters are quite bland and I could not really gel or care about any of them. I felt the writing was hurried and the novel concluded with the all problems solved. Just a bit too twee for my liking.

It is certainly readable and I found myself plodding along with each chapter but for me this is not a book that will stay with me and I don’t think it will make a good book club read as discussion would be pretty limited.

I have enjoyed previous books by Maeve Binchy but this one is really not up to her normal standards. I will remember her more for her wonderful novels like [b:Circle of Friends|41977|Circle of Friends|Maeve Binchy|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342486126s/41977.jpg|3152550]and
[b:The Glass Lake|34310|The Glass Lake|Maeve Binchy|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342485933s/34310.jpg|219754] which although read years ago these stories still remain with me.

A 2.5 rating for me.