Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Redemption Road: A Novel

Redemption Road: A Novel - John Hart Why didn't I save this book for my holidays !! This is just the sort of book I love to read on a sun lounger with time on my hands and no housework or work to distract me.....

My first John Hart novel and thanks to my goodread friends whose reviews pointed me in the right direction with this one. Redemption Road is a novel with an intriguing storyline, great characters and a dark and sinister element to the story.
There is a lot of action going on in this book and while I listened to this one on audio I had to switch half ways through to kindle version as I found it difficult to keep track of the story however this was a case of me and not the narrator. Heart's writing is flawless and the man has a talent for stroytelling, I loved the constant twists and turns in the Novel and felt there was never a lull in the action. Characters are well drawn and some are dark and gritty but each one has his/her story.

I did however guess the identify of the killer very early on in the novel but it didn't take from my enjoyment of the story.

A dark and gritty read, with serious themes involving, rape religion and torture and and reminded me of books like [b:Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter|7948230|Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter|Tom Franklin|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1292689648s/7948230.jpg|11552215] and [b:Bull Mountain|23398919|Bull Mountain|Brian Panowich|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1417982638s/23398919.jpg|42955428].