Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Last Days of Night: A Novel

The Last Days of Night: A Novel - Graham Moore A masterful mix of historical fiction and fact and a wonderful insight into the battle to electrify America

Ever since watching the TV Series "The Men who built America" I have a great interest in this period of American history and these fascinating characters, so when a Goodread's friend reviewed [b:The Last Days of Night|28363972|The Last Days of Night|Graham Moore|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1470731930s/28363972.jpg|48435714] I knew this book was right for me.

This is a fascinating portrait of American inventors and entreprenuers, Thomas Edision, George Westinghouse, Nikola Tesla, J.P. Morgan and attorney Paul Cravath and their race and battle over AC/DC.

I loved the story and had very little knowledge on these Inventors and the legal drama took place over light bulb patents. The novel is not too technical and I found it extremely interesting and the fact that the characters are real brings the book alive.
The book deftly weaves fact and fiction and Graham Moore provides a interesting section of notes at the end where he separates facts from fiction and suggests further reading. I really appreciated this as many historical fiction novels leave you wondering about the facts of the novel and Graham Moore certainly ticks all the boxes when it comes to historical fiction for me.

I also loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter and found my self writing them down as I was going along.

I listened to this one on audible and it was terrific, easy to understand and pacing and narration was perfect.

A throughly enjoyable Novel, well written and educational as well.