Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Nightingale

The Nightingale - Kristin Hannah The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah is in my opinion a really good back to basics story. Its a story of Bravery Courage and Love in a time of War.

I had passed on this novel many times as I have read numerous factural and historical books on the War and Occupied France and didnt really want to read historical fiction novel about the subject. However going on holidays I picked this up at the Airport as I was looking for a good stroy and something to keep me interested for a few days.
While I dont think The Nightingale will win many literacy awards I do howver think it will win the hearts of many readers and that is the intention of a good historical fiction stroy and possibly the intention of any author who would rather their books won the hearts of readers and entertain rather than win awards.

I really enjoyed the Characters, the setting and the stroy, there are times if the book where I did wontder if perhaps a scene or a statement was correct of it's time but I dismissed it very quickly as I just enjoyed the book for what it was and that was a stroy of two brave and couagous women in a time of War in occupied France.

A lovey summer read and a great on to pack for holidays.