Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Widow

The Widow - Fiona Barton Firstly let me say that I am beginning to tire of publishers who pump out books with the following description, as it seems to come with every new Thriller on the market of late. My opinion is that if a blurb is good enough a book will sell regardless and doesn't need the hype of Gone Girl or Girl on the Train in the description.

Example: For fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, an electrifying thriller that will take you into the dark spaces that exist between a husband and a wife.

I enjoyed this fast paced thriller and it was an easy and at the same time well written thriller.
I found myself looking forward to picking up this book and I was eager to turn the pages and get inside the heads of the characters.

The plot is fast paced but not full of twists or turns or big revels that I prefer in psychological thrillers and I felt that some of the chapters were a little fleshed out at times.

An entertaining read and well deserved 3 stars.