Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

My Sunshine Away A Novel

My Sunshine Away A Novel - M.O. Walsh January book club read

It was the summer that everything changed</>

Debut Novel by M.O. Walsh unfolds in a Baton Rouge Neighbourhood in the summer of 1989 when popular track star fifteen year old Lindy Simpson experiences a horrible crime late one evening in her neighbourhood. No one witnessed the attack and but suspicion falls on everyone not least the nameless young narrator who has been spying on Lindy Simpson since he was 11 years old.

What apparently started out as a typical school boy crush turns into for me what seemed a creepy obsession and I actually felt uncomfortable reading the thoughts and actions of a teenage boy and really spoiled the read for me. I also felt the author tried too hard and seemed to go off on wild wanderings about Hurricane Katharina and other issues which I didn't feel were very relevant to the story.

At the beginning of this novel I felt it had heaps of potential but the story dragged I was really disappointed by its conclusion.