Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter

Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter - Kate Clifford Larson Kate Clifford Larson delivers a compelling and compassionate account of Rosemary The Hidden Kennedy"

I really enjoyed this well written and researched look back at the life of the oldest daughter of the Kennedy family. I had been aware that Rosemary had lived her life in an institution for some time but had no idea of the circumstances that led to her being institutioniased and this book is a great insight into her life and indeed the health care system at the time.

I think the author does and excellent job at presenting this account of Rosemary and the Kennedy family and the reader is able to read the book and make up their minds about how they feel about the way in which Rosemarie was treated. I was afraid that the account of Rosemarie's life would be overshadowed by the politics of the Kennedy's and details of of elections and deaths of jack and Bobby but I have to praise Kate Clifford Larson for her presentation of the facts and details surrounding the life of the Kennedy's. She presents the facts reverent to the story and we get quite a clear picture without weeding through unnessary information.

Rosemary's story will stay with me a long time as it made me wonder at the life she could have had under different circumstances and how I wished her father Joe had accepted Rosemary and hadn't gone through with the operation. My thoughts were with other families who didn't have the means or the connections to care for loved ones with the same circumstances.

A wonderful well written and emotional read that will stay with me for a long time.

I listened to this book on audible and the narrator was excellent but I did miss out on the photographs included in the hard copy.