Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Ice Cream Girls

Ice Cream Girls - Dorothy Koomson The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson was an interesting and easy to read novel.
As School girls Poppy and Serena were the only witnesses to a tragic event. They both end up in different ways paying the price and become known as the Ice Cream Girls. Years later Poppy is keen to set the record straight about what happened while Serena wants no one in her present life to find out about her past. But secrets have a habit of coming back to haunt and this is certainly the case for the Ice Cream Girls.

This is my first Koomson Novel and I have to say I enjoyed the story and the characters. I found myself happily turning the pages to find out more. The story is set in the present time with flashbacks to the 1980s and I thought that the author did a great job switching between time frames and at no stage did I find it confusing. I did however have issues with the fact that the plot was not creditable. There was so much I questioned while reading that it spoiled the story a little for me.
I don't want to go into detail here as it would spoil the book for others.

An interesting read and I will certainly read something else by this author.