Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Dead Summer

The Dead Summer - Helen Moorhouse This was one of those books that surprised me. I started reading this book one night about 10pm and about 50 pages into the book I realised I had better leave this one until day time as it gave me the shivers, It takes a good writer to scare someone with her writing and Helen Moorhouse achives this with her book. The setting for this book is an English Country side cottage where Martha and her baby daughter come to live and little does Martha know but the Cottage has witnessed terrible hatred fear and pain in the past. The story moves between two different eras and we also learn the story of two sisters Marion and Lily. I do not read ghost stories but this book really works as a chilling and haunting story that made me want to turn the pages and get to the end. Will look forward to Helen Moorhouse's next novel. If you like kate morton's - House at Riverton[bc:The House at Riverton|1278752|The House at Riverton|Kate Morton|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1356452218s/1278752.jpg|1267740] or Diane Settlefield - The Thirteenth Tale[bc:The Thirteenth Tale|40440|The Thirteenth Tale|Diane Setterfield|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1346267826s/40440.jpg|849453] you might enjoy this Novel.