Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Find Me a New Way to Die: Edith Piaf - The Untold Story

Find Me a New Way to Die: Edith Piaf - The Untold Story - David Bret 2.5 stars

"Find Me A New Way To Die " The Untold Story
was an interesting read l/listen about the life of the renowned Singer Edith Piaf. I really loved the title of this book as Edith Piaf thoughout her singing career was constantly asking her songwritters to find her new ways to die not for herself but for the characters in her songs.

I was only familiar with a couple of Edith Piaf songs but the couple I knew I really enjoyed listening to her voice and can see why she became so famous. I read this book because I knew absolutly nothing about Piaf's life or how she found fame.

While I did find the book interesting and I did learn a lot about her songs, their meaning (some which were very crude) and the numerous love affairs , I dont think I really got to know Edith Piaf as a person at all and perhaps this not the fault of the author but that Piaf perferred to remain a mystery.

I will be interested to see how fans and lover's of Piaf enjoy this "Untold Stroy" but for me it fell sort of flat and I got a little bored of all the love affairs and numerous names mentioned throughout the book.

I listened to this book and perhaps reading it would enhance the experience as the book contains photos.

An interesting book but not one for my favourite shelf.