Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Two-Family House: A Novel

The Two-Family House: A Novel - Lynda Cohen Loigman 3.5 Stars

A Touching story about two families living in Brooklyn in 1947. Its the sort of good old fashioned story that you just want to curl up on the couch with.

I really enjoyed this debut novel by Lynda Cohen Loigman. I listened to this one on audible and the narrator was excellent and I loved putting on my headphones and stepping into the lives of Abe, Mort, Helen and Rose and their families. And I really did feel like I was a fly on the wall in The Two family house in Brooklyn as the writing is so vivid and the characters so realistic.

I would describe this as a gentle book, its the sort of book I could recommend to anyone and know they will enjoy the read and come away with a smile on their faces. I really think author's strength is in her character development, I loved the characters in this book and I even found the ones I disliked at the beginning I had warmed to by the end.

A really enjoyable read and I think this would make a great book club discussion book.