Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Last Painting of Sara de Vos: A Novel

The Last Painting of Sara de Vos: A Novel - Dominic Smith The Last Painting of Sara De Vos by Dominic Smith is a book that I had been reluctant to read and this was largely due to my dislike of another Novel on Art which I struggled through. However [b:The Last Painting of Sara de Vos|25664459|The Last Painting of Sara de Vos|Dominic Smith|https://d2arxad8u2l0g7.cloudfront.net/books/1437914450s/25664459.jpg|45487238] was such an engaging and interesting read and I am so glad I picked this one up and had the chance to experience Dominic Smith's wonderful writing.

I loved the plot and the wonderful sense of time and place. The story switches between three timelines and locations from New York in the 1950s to 17th Century Holland and back to 2000 Australia, which could have been confusing but worked perfectly and I had no issues following this on Audible.

I am not very familiar with the Art World but I loved learning about the paintings and the wonderful vivid images that the author painted in my mind especially of " At The Edge Of A Wood" This is a painting that was so clear in my mind while reading this story as it was beautifully described by the Author.

I think one of the most compelling parts of this stroy for me was the descriptions of the Art Work and the Forgeries and I came away with a little insight into a world I am not familiar with. I loved the wonderfully developed characters and had trouble parting with them on finishing the novel.

I listened to this on Audible and once again the Narration by Edorardo Ballerini makes this book come alive. What a wonderful narrator.

I recommend this book for readers of Historical Fiction or readers who enjoy Art.