Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Wishing Thread: A Novel

The Wishing Thread: A Novel - Lisa Van Allen 2.5 Stars

The wishing Thread a novel by Lisa Van Allen is and interesting read and tells the story of the Van Ripper Women who have been the talk of Tarrytown, New York for many years. Aubrey, Bitty and Meggie are three sisters who after the death of their aunt meet up again at their childhood home a place called the Stitchery. These ladies when asked a can knit a little magic into folks lives and are somewhat feared and yet held in awe in their small community.

Each chapter is headed by a knitting term, and there are plenty of knitting and magic happening throughout the novel and while I found the writing good I found the plot very bland. The sisters stories are interesting but it just seemed to take to long for anything to happen.

For those who love knitting, a little bit of magic and romance and some family drama you may enjoy this novel but for me there was too much plain and not enough purl.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Radom House Publishing Group - Ballintine for giving me the opportunity to read this book in return for an honest review.