Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Prisoner in His Palace: Saddam Hussein, His American Guards, and What History Leaves Unsaid - Will Bardenwerper I really had no interest in reading a book about Saddam Hussein until I happened upon [b:The Prisoner in His Palace: Saddam Hussein, His American Guards, and What History Leaves Unsaid|32620358|The Prisoner in His Palace Saddam Hussein, His American Guards, and What History Leaves Unsaid|Will Bardenwerper|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1484708286s/32620358.jpg|53208041] and I was curious as the book was written from the viewpoint of "The Super 12" and this piqued my interest along with a goodread friend's review.

In 2006, 12 young Soldiers deployed to Iraq and were tasked with guarding Saddam Hussein. Through a series of first hand accounts from the American guards, interrogators and spies who recalled their conversations and observations with the Dictator before he died we learn how these young men viewed and treated their prisoner and how Saddam viewed and treated them in return which I found extremely interesting. These young men's lives would be changed forever as a consequence.
The book is not an account of Saddam's life and yet the author has included adequate background information about his life, family and the heinous crimes he and his sons inflicted during his time in power.

A well researched and a very interesting account of the Prisoner Saddam Hussein and his American guards.